Advantage Multi for Cats 5-9 lbs – 12 Doses
This product requires a veterinarian’s prescription.
This product cannot be shipped to some states.
Up to 100 percent effective for the treatment and control of hookworm infections caused by Ancylostoma tubaeforme (adults, immature adults, and fourth stage larvae) and roundworm infections caused by Toxocara cati (adults and fourth stage larvae). Proven effective (up to 99.5 percent) treatment and control of ear mite (Otodectes cynotis) infestations. Safe and effective, when used topically as directed, for cats and kittens that are at least nine weeks of age and that weigh at least two pounds. Once-a-month, ready-to-use topical solution packaged in six, single-dose applicator tubes for cats weighing 5.1 to nine pounds and 9.1 to 18 lbs.
- 100 percent effective at preventing heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis, as shown in clinical trials.
- Up to 100 percent effective for treatment and control of hookworm infections caused by Ancylostoma tubaeforme adults, immature adults, and fourth stage larvae and roundworm infections caused by Toxocara cati adults and fourth stage larvae.
- Proven effective up to 99.5 percent for treatment and control of ear mite Otodectes cynotis infestations.
- Safe and effective, when used topically as directed, for cats and kittens that are at least nine weeks of age and that weigh at least two pounds.
- Once a month, ready to use topical solution packaged in six, single dose applicator tubes for cats weighing 5.1 to nine pounds and 9.1 to 18 lbs.
- Three, single dose applicator tubes are available for cats/kittens weighing two to five pounds.
Dosage and Administration:
The recommended minimum dose is 4.5 mg/lb. (10.0 mg/kg) imidacloprid and 0.45mg/lb. (1.0mg/kg) moxidectin, once a month by topical administration. Do not apply to irritated skin.
- Remove one dose applicator tube from package. Administer the entire contents of the tube that correctly corresponds to the body weight of the cat.
- While holding the tube in an upright position, remove the cap from the tube.
- Turn the cap over and push the other end of cap onto the tip of the tube.
- Twist the cap to break the seal and then remove the cap from the tube.
- Part the hair on the back of the cat’s neck at the base of the head until the skin visible.
- Place the tip of the tube on the skin and apply the entire contents directly on the exposed skin.
- Lift the tube away from skin before releasing pressure on tube.
Important Safety Information Like all topical animal health treatments, Advantage Multi for Cats, is not to be given to pets orally, is not for human use, and should be kept out of the reach of children. Oral ingestion by cats may result in hypersalivation, tremors, vomiting, and decreased appetite. Children should not come in contact with the application site for 30 minutes after application. Ask your veterinarian if this product is right for your cat.
Do not get this product in the cat’s mouth or eyes, or allow the cat to lick the application site for 30 minutes. Treatment at the base of the head will minimize the opportunity for ingestion by grooming. In households with multiple pets, keep animals separated to prevent licking of the application site. Stiff, matted hair or a damp, oily appearance of the hair may be observed at the application site on some cats. This is temporary and does not affect the safety and effectiveness of the product.
Advantage Multi is manufactured by and is a registered trademark of Bayer.
The information provided on this website is for educational purposes only and is intended to be a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise and professional judgment of your veterinarian. We reference Bayer as the source for our information.
Advantage Multi for Cats contains 10% Imidacloprid, 1% Moxidectin
Affiliate Disclosure: I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you real information about pet care. As well, a portion of my profits (15%) are donated to local animal shelters and the Humane Society to help feed the animals they care for.